Sunday, January 6, 2013

Only 14 degrees here today, so thought it would be a good day for soup!  I love this Taco soup that I make, so I thought I would share it with you.

Taco Soup
1 lb hamburger ( I use ground turkey)
1 medium onion chopped
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup taco seasoning (I usually just guess on this)
3 c beef broth
1 1/2 c picante sauce
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 cup uncooked pasta ( I use farfalle)
1 small green pepper
cheddar cheese (for garnish)
tortilla chips (for garnish)
sour cream (for garnish)
In large saucepan brown ground beef with onions and garlic, drain.  Add taco seasoning stir.  Add other ingredients except cheese & chips.  Bring to boil stirring frequently.  Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until pasta is done.  Ladle into bowls and top with cheese and crushed tortilla chips and also server with sour cream.  Then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment