Tuesday, January 8, 2013


I've decided to do a series on my favorite things, it might be things I have found for the store, or that I have kept.  It will be some of my favorite recipes, favorite shops, and anything else I might think is my favorite.  Hope you find this fun.  So I'm going to start my favorites with my 11ft harvest table that I bought almost a year ago.  We refinished our kitchen about 5 years ago, and I always said that I would find the perfect harvest table.  My husband wasn't so sure, he thought our other table was just fine.  About a year ago, one of my pickers called me and said he had some stuff for me to look at.  I went to his house, and looked at a lot of items, and there in the middle of the floor was a table that was in pieces.  I said I want that, and he thought I might be nuts, but he also saw the potential once we started talking, so I asked him if he could put it back together, he said yes, so I paid him and told him to call me.  A couple weeks later he called and said he was going to deliver the table, I said wonderful (I hadn't told my husband about this yet).  He arrived at my house and I looked outside and saw this huge long table and almost fainted.  It was unbeliveably gorgeous, but so long.  In the shed it didn't look that big, so I never asked for the length.  We put it in place and I feel instantly in love, but knew I was going to have to do a lot of talking to my husband.  My husband walked in the door and shook his head and said no way, and I told him to let me use it for my Mom's birthday brunch and our daughters baby shower and then I would get rid of it.  I knew it would grow on him and now we can't see our kitchen anyother way.  A couple months later I bought a original pie safe from one of my dealers at my store and the space is complete.   I will share a before picture of our old table and one of my beloved 11 ft harvest table.

1 comment: