Thursday, January 10, 2013

I have a "new" favorite thing.  This is not vintage, but it has made my life so much easier.  Yesterday I was out junking, and working at the store.  The store is open next weekend Jan 17-19, so I always get very busy working and getting the store ready, that I struggle with making dinner.  For christmas I got a NINJA 3 in 1 cooking system.  This roaster works like your stove top, or oven or slow cooker.    I made beef stew yesterday when I got home at 5pm and it was ready to eat by 6:30pm.  That was browning the meat, cutting up potatoes and carrots and the cooking.  Everything was cooked in the Ninja.  I browned the meat on the stove top setting and then cooked the stew on the oven setting.  My stew normally takes about 3 hrs simmering on the stovetop and this basically cooked for about 50 minutes.  It was so tender and thick.  My husband thought it was better than when I simmer it for 3 hrs.

Beef Stew
1 lb stew meat
4-5 potatoes cubed
4-5 carrots cubed ( use as much as you like)
1 medium onion sliced
1 8oz beef broth (or make your own) sometimes you need to add water to cover ingredients
1/2 c flour mixed with salt & pepper
1/4 c butter

Put flour in ziplock bag with salt & pepper, add stew meat and coat the meat.  Melt butter and brown meat with onions.  Add potatoes and carrots and stir.  Add beef broth, to cover the ingredients slightly.  Cook until tender.

1 comment: